Category — USC
According to a joint statement from DraftKings and FanDuel: “Nothing is more important” than the “integrity of the games we offer.”
October 6, 2015 No Comments
Did we mention our UCLA friends said Doug Gottlieb could fuck himself? Didn’t think so.
Lost a finalist (Virginia, what were we thinking?) and another Final 4 pick (Iowa State). We drank the Kool-Aid on these 2. Shame on us, Mayor Fred Hoiberg, and what’s this about Tony Bennett being the Coach of the Year again?
Wichita State, though, has really done our brackets proud. And don’t get us started on our Sooners. Had them in the Sweet 16 but its all gravy now. Jeff Goodman picked them for his Final 4, and we knew he was smoking better shit than us.
March 25, 2015 No Comments
UCLA 38, USC 20. Wasn’t even that close.
November 23, 2014 No Comments
Gotta go to work.
Jay Bilas, ladies and gentlemen. Recommended reading.
November 13, 2014 No Comments
We met 25 years ago. Didn’t get together as much as we should have, but when we did, we laughed something fierce.
Heartbroken. Lonnie was only 49. The cause of death is unknown at this point but, unfortunately, he had health problems for years. Some days suck more than others, but this 1 delivered 1 stiff punch to the gut.
March 31, 2014 No Comments
According to BetVega.com:
MICHIGAN ST 9/2
WICHITA ST 15/1
IOWA ST 35/1
NORTH CAROLINA 50/1
OHIO ST 60/1
OKLAHOMA ST 60/1
SAN DIEGO ST 75/1
ST LOUIS 100/1
U CONN 100/1
NEW MEXICO 100/1
U MASS 200/1
KANSAS ST 300/1
ST JOE’S 300/1
ARIZONA ST 300/1
GEORGE WASHINGTON 500/1
NC STATE 1000/1
NORTH DAKOTA ST 1000/1
March 17, 2014 No Comments
Two writers offer different opinions regarding the use of the most discussed word in the English language.
The Shadow League
February 25, 2014 No Comments
Auburn has to be a team of destiny, no? Charles Barkley’s Tigers blew past Missouri like Diddy blows through a trial. They escaped with a stunner in equally stunning fashion against Alabama a week ago and received a prayer before that against the Dawgs that don’t hunt — Georgia.
Poll Cats back in the house. The final version, spiked with Bourbon and Egg Nog, before we soak up the bowl season.
1. Florida State 13-0: National championship and a Heisman for Jameis Winston? Winston gets our Heisman vote but Auburn is the pick in Pasadena.
2. Auburn 12-1: We were tempted to put Tigers in top spot but we’ll let the ‘Noles keep it warm until January.
3. Alabama 11-1: Imagine the hard-on St. Nick got when he realized he and the Tide were getting a sniff of “Big Game Bob” and Oklahoma.
4. Michigan State 12-1: We’re already plotting how to crash Magic’s party when the Spartans come west for the Rose Bowl.
5. Stanford 11-2: Because, like the Spartans, we believe Cardinal would be Ohio State.
6. Ohio State 12-1: Thanks for playing.
7. Baylor 11-1: Old boys creeping back up the charts as quietly as I creeped in Boley back in the day.
8. South Carolina 10-2: Just idling this week and still move up.
9. Missouri 11-2: Tigers still get props from us. They just ran into what might be the hottest team in the nation.
10. Oregon 10-2: See South Carolina.
11. Oklahoma 10-2: Surprise, surprise, surprise. Still the worst 10-2 OU team in memory. And the door prize for that huge victory over Zero State is ‘Bama. Good luck with that.
12. Oklahoma State 10-2: Hurts something fierce, huh? Another bitter loss to OU. But as an OU alum, Stillwater has always been a hot spot for Sooners. Trust me.
13. Louisville 11-1: Yawn.
14. Clemson 10-2: An Orange Bowl date with our former jilted lover Ohio State. Tigers are a 5-point dog.
15. Central Florida 11-1: Keeping the last seat warm on the Poll Cats’ bus until Baylor lights da a$$ up in the Fiesta.
December 10, 2013 No Comments
December 4, 2013 No Comments
It’s a wonderful Herbie Hancock tune.
He doesn’t make $5 million but “Big Game” Mike Gundy has been the best football coach in Oklahoma the past 3 years.
Did you hear the 1 about SC reaching out to Nick Saban? Careful. Texas will start snitching and then it’s probation again.
Another edition of poll cats.
1. Ohio State 12-0: Hard to argue their unbeaten run. Michigan State will test it though.
2. Florida State 12-0: The last time a prosecuting attorney was the biggest player in a national championship? At least 1 we know about?
3. Auburn 11-1: Tiger fans forget they lost 1 despite reeling in the king fish. Right, right.
4. Missouri 11-1: Tigers get our vote for an Academy Award.
5. Alabama 11-1: After the run its had, do you too wonder why Tide fans are crying? Me neither.
6. Oklahoma State 10-1: Cowboys have had plenty of time to sober up from that Baylor celebration. And they’re a 10-point favorite over OU.
7. Michigan State 11-1: Like we’ve said before, if Spartans had an offense…they’re giving up a touchdown to Ohio State.
8. Stanford 10-2: Cardinal are 3-point dogs at Arizona State.
9. Baylor 10-1: Yawn.
10. Arizona State 10-2: Devils would really piss off Stanford by sealing a Rose Bowl trip.
11. South Carolina 10-2: Steve Superior eats Orange Sunshine for breakfast.
12. Oregon 10-2: Nothing to report. Like some of the fishing reports I’d take on the sports desk. Nothing to report? Not the watering hole I want to visit.
13. Louisville 10-1: Cardinals could slip at Cincinnati.
14. Northern Illinois 12-0: This week’s Fresno State.
15. Clemson 10-2: Y’all better run next time you see South Carolina coming.
December 4, 2013 No Comments