Category — UFC
According to a joint statement from DraftKings and FanDuel: “Nothing is more important” than the “integrity of the games we offer.”
October 6, 2015 No Comments
Where’s Arte Moreno? Magic Johnson?
The usual suspects such as Roger Goodell, David Stern and Bud Selig are among a list of the 50 most powerful people (only 3 women) in sports. But Ed O’Bannon? That’s right. The former UCLA star could change the landscape of college sports with his suit against the NCAA.
March 6, 2013 No Comments
Two-time UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir (shown with Sean Dowdell) stopped by Club Tattoo inside the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on Saturday. Mir and his family attended Club Tattoo’s Linkin Park autograph signing session to meet the band.
February 18, 2013 No Comments
Vegas dished up its usually tasty appetizer before Super Bowl Sunday on Saturday night, with UFC 156 providing the fireworks as Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva stuck all of his up the a$$ of Alistair Overeem.
On a lighter (and much more painless) note, Method Man delivered an incredible performance at LAX Nightclub at the Luxor Hotel & Casino on the Strip earlier this morning.
Also in the house: Ian “Uncle Creepy” McCall and Nigerian lightweight mixed martial artist Anthony “The Assassin” Njokuani (yes, that would be them above); Brandon Bostick and Jarrett Boykin of the Green Bay Packers; and defensive back Eddie Whitley of the Philadelphia Eagles.
Images courtesy of Karl Larson/Powers Imagery, LLC
February 3, 2013 No Comments
Eleven-time Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte and the Duff sisters, Hilary and Haylie, kicked off a New Year’s weekend celebration at Las Vegas nightspot Hyde Bellagio at the Bellagio resort. They soaked in an exclusive live performance and DJ set by Australian DJ, singer and dancer Havana Brown.
Also in the house: professional gambler Don Johnson and UFC President Dana White.
December 31, 2012 No Comments
Now that Notre Dame has everyone’s attention almost every media outlet will be on its bandwagon. We get that. The way the Irish manhandled Oklahoma and put another hole in the resume of the coach formerly known as “Big Game Bob” was the most impressive display of the weekend, particularly since they were an 11-point dog.
Georgia fans will whine its upset of Florida was bigger, but the Gators turned the ball over 6 times, so it wasn’t like the ‘Dawgs stole their lunch money.
Arizona? Thanks for allowing us to hum the sweet sound of silence with the Trojan band. Fight on.
Without further adieu, this week’s wacky top 15. Read ‘em and leap.
1. Alabama (8-0): Tide proved Mississippi was a mirage. Now it’s on to Baton Rouge for another round of field goal derby.
2. Oregon (8-0): What is it about the Ducks that gets the BCS’ panties all in a bunch?
3. Kansas State (8-0): Collin Klein, Collin Klein, Collin Klein.
4. Notre Dame (8-0): Proof defense sometimes is the best offense.
5. Ohio State (9-0): Even if they could shake those ankle monitors and its probation status, we couldn’t see them playing for a national championship. Big Ten smells just like the Big East.
6. LSU (7-1): Imagine if the Tigers had a real quarterback.
7. Florida (7-1): See above.
8. Georgia (7-1): How can we rank them below Florida? The same way we rank the Gators below LSU. Gators gave up 6 turnovers and ‘Dawgs only win by 8? Move along, nothing to see here.
9. Florida State (7-1): Playing in that weak-ass ACC, we won’t get a feel for how really good ‘Noles are until they meet Gators on Nov. 24.
10. Clemson (7-1): Lawdy, lawdy, what’s the world coming to? Two ACC teams in our top 10?
11. South Carolina (7-2): Cocks want to know how we rank them below Georgia, who they smoked by 4 TDs.
12. Louisville (8-0): Only the Strong survive.
13. Oregon State (6-1): Plenty of Beaver cleavers beating their meat in Seattle this weekend.
14. Oklahoma (5-2): Sooners final 4: at Iowa State, Baylor, at West Virginia and Oklahoma State. Did we mention 9-3 weeks ago?
15. USC (6-2): Neighbors are still clueless why we kept shouting “Holiday Bowl” at the cardinal and gold assholes rushing through the neighborhood.
October 28, 2012 No Comments
Nick Saban is famous for it. So is Bob Stoops. But several Pac-12 coaches have taken it to a new level.
There continues to be a growing feud between writers who cover the Pac-12 and coaches trying to control what they write. UCLA’s Jim Mora is the latest to blow a gasket, throwing the media out of the Bruins’ practice yesterday after becoming incensed because camera crews from ESPN and L.A.’s Channel 5 were too close to the field.
Mora’s blowup is the just the latest. Last week, USC’s Lane Kiffin walked out of an interview with reporters after 1 of them had the audacity to ask about an injured player returning to practice. A week before that, Kiffin banned Scott Wolf of the L.A. Daily News after Wolf reported about USC’s kicker having surgery.
Pac-12 coaches, among others, keep crying about a “competitive advantage” or disadvantage when writers report players who have been injured, particularly in practice.
Saban recently chastised reporters covering Alabama about them not giving more ink to Western Kentucky. Western Kentucky, in our best Allen Iverson imitation. Imagine if those same reporters told Saban how to do his job.
Stoops frequently has a stick up his rear about similar issues with the media. Pick 1. And if you question him about some of his questionable strategy, God help you. I’ve watched OU games on TV and observed a player getting hurt, then watch the Sooners surround the player so cameras can’t get a view of what’s going on. I think they call it protecting the state’s secrets?
Coaches are well-known as control freaks. It just in their DNA. But if they don’t want the media in their practices, then ban them and be done with it.
September 27, 2012 No Comments
UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell, Rashad “Suga” Evans, the lovely Arianny Celeste and other UFC Octagon Girls hosted the official UFC Fight Week Pool Party at Palms Pool & Bungalows at Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas today. Liddell is flanked above by Celeste, Brittney Palmer, Rachelle Leah, Kenda Perez, Chrissy Blair and Vanessa Hanson. The popular Celeste and Palmer are pictured left.
Images courtesy of Joe Fury, 9Group Las Vegas
July 5, 2012 1 Comment
UFC ring girl Brittney Palmer celebrated her 24th birthday Saturday at Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Brenton Ho/Powers Imagery LLC
June 24, 2012 No Comments
UFC ring girl and March Playboy cover model Brittney Palmer will celebrate her 24th birthday with an eventful affair Saturday, June 23 at Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Info: 702.731.7873 or Pure Nightclub.
June 19, 2012 No Comments