fast payday loans for every one
Why didn’t we think of that?
Who says offense isn’t the best defense? Look no further than the high octane that fuels West Virginia.
The Mountaineers proved what we’ve said for weeks, that they are 1 of the best teams in the country and have a serious shot at playing in the national championship game. They earned a crucial Big 12 victory on the road at Texas, where they quieted the raucous Horns’ fans in a 48-45 decision Saturday.
Despite West Virginia’s prime-time performance, South Carolina benefitted most in a major shakeup in this week’s rankings. Read ‘em and leap.
1. Alabama (5-0): The Tide visits Missouri on Saturday, meaning they won’t have a legitimate contest until a trip to Baton Rouge on Nov. 3. And that might not be much of a challenge either.
2. Oregon (6-0): Another reason offense is the best defense. Ducks’ lowest output has been 42 points and they’ve topped 50 in 4 out of 6 outings.
3. West Virginia (6-0): Allow us to pat ourselves on the back and brag about what we already knew. Typically, the national media follows suit.
4. South Carolina (6-0): ‘Dawg fight? Please. The bigger question is what tastes good with nuts?
5. Notre Dame (5-0): Irish spring cleans up, too, with upsets of ‘Dawgs and LSU.
6. Florida (5-0): Showdown with South Carolina looms Oct. 20. Heads will roll.
7. Kansas State (6-0): We’re not exactly sold on these ‘Cats, but we will find out if they’re legit when they visit Morgantown in 2 weeks.
8. Ohio State (6-0): Buckeyes, better known as ankle monitoring university, could actually run the table in the Big Ten and still have nothing to show for it.
9. Texas (4-1): Despite giving up 48 to Geno and company, Horns have some spark on defense, most notably that Jeffcoat kid.
10. USC (4-1): Uneven outing at Utah showed Trojans still have work to do.
11. Florida State (5-1): Kinda like SC. ‘Noles have talent, but…
12. Oregon State (5-0): Another school that keeps asking, ‘Where is the love?’
13. Oklahoma (4-1): Sooners open as a 3-point favorite, but this Sooner fan says take the points and Texas.
14. Clemson (5-1): The fact that Brent Venables runs its defense means Tigers will lose at least once again, probably twice if you’re a betting man or woman.
15. LSU (5-1): A tasty entrée for Florida, which washed down Tigers with plenty of Gatorade.