Who’s Your Daddy?
Kansas State confirmed what we already knew: OU is seriously overrated. Suicide hotlines are now open.
The Sooners were the biggest losers in our wacky Top 15 this weekend, as “Daddy” Bill Snyder took his favorite son Bob Stoops to school, beating OU for only the 4th time in Norman during the Stoops era.
Did we mention Stoops has more holes in his name than us? Didn’t think so.
Read ‘em and leap.
1. Alabama (4-0): No challenges on the horizon, unless you buy into St. Nick’s BS, until a visit to LSU on Nov. 3.
2. Oregon (4-0): Ditto for the Ducks. They won’t be pushed until a Nov. 3 visit to USC.
3. LSU (4-0): Like OU, Tigers might soon fall into the category of overrated stiffs.
4. West Virginia (3-0): It gets a workout next weekend vs. Baylor before a clash with the Horns on Oct. 6.
5. Florida State (4-0): Second-half rally silences mouthy Clemson bunch.
6. Georgia (4-0): Yawn.
7. Texas (3-0): Ready for primetime? Showdown at Okie State on Saturday followed by battles with West Virginia and OU.
8. Stanford (3-0): With a bye this weekend, players finally sobered up from big SC win.
9. South Carolina (4-0): Latest team to make Missouri question why it jumped into the rough-and-tumble SEC when the Big Ten is more of Tigers’ speed.
10. USC (3-1): A colleague asked if Trojans have Holiday Bowl material written all over them. We said here comes the hate mail.
11. Notre Dame (4-0): Irish keep asking us where is the love?
12. Florida (4-0): See above.
13. Kansas State (4-0): Rope-a-dope offense against OU worked as well as Ali vs. Foreman.
14. Ohio State (4-0): We’ll get to see what the Buckeyes are made of in 2 weeks when they meet Michigan State.
15. Oklahoma (3-1): We’re torn here between our heart and head. Latter says lack of offense will result in 9-3 finish. Speaking of the Holiday Bowl…