Git Her Done, Boys
How ’bout them Warhawks?
Louisiana-Monroe didn’t make our Top 15, but its leading off and soaring in the neighborhood today after shaking up the rankings and shocking Arkansas in a 34-31 overtime victory Saturday in Little Rock.
Worst, at least for Hog fans, Nick Saban and top-ranked Alabama invades their fair city on Saturday. Where’s Bobby Petrino when you need him.
Anyway, read ‘em and leap as we stick our poll in the cold, unfriendly waters for week 2.
1. Alabama (2-0): St. Nick won’t have to worry much about the writers writing about this week’s opponent.
2. USC (2-0): What a difference a week makes. Trojan fans aren’t as mouthy as last week.
3. LSU (2-0): We believe Les Miles and the Tigers are trying to tell us something, no?
4. Oregon (2-0): Ducks host their 1st 4 opponents, including this week’s monster (at least in St. Nick’s eyes) Tennessee Tech, before playing a road game.
5. West Virginia (1-0): Careful, that James Madison bunch can be a tough crew.
6. Georgia (2-0): Dawgs are all jacked up about beating Missouri. Missouri (in our best Allen Iverson imitation)?
7. Florida State (2-0): Seminoles have scored 124 points and given up none with routs of cream puffs Murray State and Savannah State.
8. Michigan State (2-0): Clash with Notre Dame Saturday has Sparty fans pissing in their pants with glee.
9. Oklahoma (2-0): Who’s your Daddy? Bill Snyder, who taught “Big Game My Ass” Bob Stoops all he knows, brings his Wildcats to Norman.
10. Clemson (2-0): Mark you calendars: Tigers vs. Florida State on Sept. 22.
11. Texas (2-0): Mark your calendars again: Horns at Okie State on Sept. 29, hosts West Virginia Oct. 6 and then meets OU Oct. 13 in Dallas.
12. Virginia Tech (2-0): Welcome to the show, fellas. Don’t get too comfortable, like Arkansas.
13. Michigan (1-1): We’re getting close to kicking the Wolverines out of the show. Defensively, they suck.
14. South Carolina (2-0): ‘Cocks poke East Carolina something fierce.
15. Ohio State (2-0): Urban renewal is working just fine in Columbus.