New Leader In The Clubhouse
LSU did more than beat West Virginia Saturday night. With an unexpected display of offense, the Tigers, arguably the best defensive unit in the country, climbed to the top of our weekly college football poll.
To the Tigers’ credit, they have beaten 3 quality opponents, whipping up on all of them. And by putting up points against West Virginia, we pushed them past Oklahoma.
Meanwhile, maybe the ACC should consider disbanning. Miami lost at home, Virginia flopped and Maryland got pounded by Temple.
Is that you Duke?
Pittsburgh didn’t have an answer for Notre Dame. And why would we be surprised by that? Didn’t think so.
1. LSU: Mad Hatter plays everybody and does so on the road.
2. Oklahoma: Sooners leave Mizzou behind.
3. Wisconsin: Another foe run over in Badgerland.
4. Alabama: Hogs have no answer for Tide — again.
5. Boise State: Still just hanging around, like flu.
6. Nebraska: Gives Big Ten a co-star.
7. Oklahoma State: Orange Sunshine blares louder in Stillwater instead of Austin right now.
8. Stanford: Best in the West.
9. Virginia Tech: All it does it win, win, win.
10. Clemson: Two big wins in a row. Really.
11. South Carolina: QB Garcia stays (or strays?) in line, for now. Keep an eye on that.
12. Texas: Like the Fox Channel, panning for ratings and OU jokes.
13. Georgia Tech: Scoring at will.
14. Oregon: Too bad it opened with a real opponent.
15. Michigan: Didn’t Rich Rod used to coach here?
16. Florida: Schedule maker deserves a raise.